Thursday, June 5, 2008

Today we went to the library to get books on Worms. I got The Worm Book great stuff. It verifies what I have learned so far. Fun interesting facts. I do still want Worms Eat My Garbage, but I have to have a library transfer for that one. Of course we had to get Ariana books too. We read the first one tonight and it was fiction and very funny, Diary of a Worm. Tomorrow night we will read Wiggling Worms as Work. This is a "Let's Read and Find Out" Book. I like those books. Arianna has learned a lot about fish from a similar book. Very informative, but easy to understand.

Today we added some food scraps (coffee grounds, banana peels, egg shells, etc) by digging a hole in the corner. Our worms should be here by the end of next week. Arianna is SO excited. It may be a challenge to explain she can't play with them all the time....they are a different type of pet from her cat and the worms we dig around here and put back. They better get here soon or we will have some stinky garbage in our bin....not necessarily bad for the worms, just our noses!

I think tomorrow we will get a scale to see how much we are recycling. It also lets us know how many worms we will truly need.

No comments: